Intown Manchester, the management company for the city’s Business Improvement District, seeks a Marketing Specialist.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the overall management of the Intown Manchester BID database and tracking and updating property records; updating and maintaining all social media for Intown Manchester to keep events and business information current; ordering supplies; maintaining vendor contracts and equipment; maintaining a neat and orderly office, including keeping catalogues and reference materials current, organizing digital photos, and preparing orientation notebooks for new board members.
In addition, the Marketing Specialist will assist the Marketing Director in planning and implementing special events, maintaining external relations with downtown businesses, assisting with the publication of a twice monthly electronic newsletter and quarterly newsletter- conducting research and interviews as required, producing press releases, and will record minutes to board meetings. e-news and newsletter communications. With approval by the Executive Director, and under the guidance of the Marketing Director, the Marketing Specialist may take on independent assignments, such as the solicitation of sponsorships, sales of street banners, and creating collateral for marketing downtown, as well as assuming other marketing/public relations duties.
• BA degree in Marketing, English or other related program
• Knowledge and experience with database management including Access and Filemaker
• Computer literate in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook and Adobe Photoshop. Some Graphic design a plus
• Self-motivated and resourceful, with the proven ability to multi-task and operate successfully under tight deadlines and time pressures
• Ability to organize and prioritize tasks, strong attention to detail
• Strong writing, reading, listening and speaking communication skills
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
• Good writing and research skills; strong proof-reading skills
• Ideal candidate will reside in Greater Manchester area.
The salary is $25,000.
Application Requirements and Deadline:
All applications should include a cover letter, resume, three references, and be emailed to mroveda (at) intownmanchester (dot) com.
Position will remain open until filled.
About Intown Manchester
Intown Manchester is a non profit 501(C)(3) management company contracted by the City of Manchester to operate a Business Improvement District (BID). We are funded through a special assessment on downtown commercial properties.
Since 1996 we have worked as partners with the City to undertake certain management responsibilities of the downtown area and to provide business support within the BID. This mission is accomplished by focusing on three general areas to enhance the economic vitality of the downtown area:
- Developing and operating maintenance and beautification services to enhance the physical environment
- Creating and funding a communications network and developing promotional activities to build a sense of community for the downtown.
- Improving the appearance of the built environment by administering the federally funded Building Improvement Program (which was developed by this office and initially included a private sector loan pool of $1 million) for the CBSD.